COVID 19 Update
We would like to update you on what Gibbs & Register is doing to continue providing construction services during the Coronavirus outbreak. On Friday, April 3rd Governor, Ron Desantis, mandated a “Stay at Home” order for the State of Florida. Fortunately, for Gibbs & Register and our employees we have been able to maintain operations on our projects, as well as our headquarters in Winter Garden. Although we are not operating in the same capacity, we are still working hard to provide construction services that are on time and on budget.
Our work sites are all open air, and the State of Florida as well as the CDC has advised that essential infrastructure workers may continue working, provided we have implemented new procedures to help prevent and slow the spread of COVID-19. These procedures are as follows:
- We have provided hand-washing stations on all job sites with running water, soap, and paper towels.
- We have provided sanitizing surface wipes for cleaning machines and tools, disposable gloves, and have purchased a second set of G&R face Buffs
- We have also implemented social distancing on job sites and in our office. Here are some of the ways this is happening:
- No Handshaking
- No Carpooling
- Field and Office Employees must keep 6’ of distance from each other
- Wear buffs or face masks if you must work closer than 6’.
- All outdoor meetings consist of no more than 10 individuals, 6’ apart
- Majority of office employees are working from home remotely
- Doors to our offices remain locked and no outside guests are permitted to enter
- Goto Meetings are being used in lieu of face to face meetings.
- Hiring freeze until 4/30/20
- Workspaces, Bathrooms, Electronic Equipment are being cleaned routinely
We ask for your patience during this time, and want everyone to know that we appreciate all of our employees, and those clients and companies we do business with. The safety of our people comes first at Gibbs and Register, and when that happens quality is sure to follow.